Friday, October 19, 2012

Heather's Harry Potter Quiet Book

When I found the book that we're featuring today, I fell in love. As you can probably tell, I love quiet books. I also love Harry Potter. So an amazing combination? A Harry Potter Quiet Book!

This awesome book was made by Heather from Feather's Flights. I love all of her different pages - she has so many, and they're each so clever. This is seriously such a cute, fun book and I feel so inspired to make my own after seeing it. I hope you like it as much as I do. Enjoy!


Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
My name is Heather, nickname Heather Feather. I love sewing, I love my family, and I love sewing for my family.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?

I made the quiet book for my nephew  when he was just over one. Looking back, I think he was too young for it.

What's your level of sewing experience? 

Advanced.

How long did it take you?

It took me probably 15-20 hours spread over two weeks.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found? 

No. I did all the shapes myself.

How did you bind your quiet book?  

I used those binder rings that you can open and close. (They look kind of like the rings in a binder.) 

What material are the pages made out of? 

Each page base is muslin and in between each page is stiff corduroy. (I didn't want to buy interfacing.) Everything on top of the page is felt.

What other materials did you use? 

Just felt, thread, some ribbon, and a zipper.

How much did all the supplies cost you?  

I bought the felt in a big bag at the thrift store for a couple of dollars and everything else I had on hand except the binder rings. I probably spent about $7 total.

What's your favorite page? Why? 

My favorite page is probably the invisibility cloak at the end. But I loved coming up with each page.

If I could go back and change something, I would make everything 10 times stronger. Now that I have a child of my own I realize how rough they are. 



To see Heather's post on her quiet book (with more information and descriptions), click here. Be sure to check out her blog in general, too. She's got lots of tutorials and sewing tips. Thank you, Heather, so sharing your awesome quiet book with us!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful book!!
    I whish I had such an hability!!
    Thanks to both of you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feature! I'm so glad you contacted me because I want to make a quiet book for my son, and now I have a whole blog of ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete