Monday, July 22, 2013

Kersten's Dinosaur Quiet Book

I'm going to share a secret with you: when it comes to kid stuff, I looove dinosaurs. My husband has to stop me buying all the "boy" clothes covered in dinosaurs when we go shopping for our daughter. (She does have some dinosaur pajamas. Can't stop me all the time.) When I did my own quiet book, my dinosaur page was my favorite. Dinosaurs are just awesome! Which is why I'm so excited to share today's quiet book with you, which is totally, 100% dinosaur-themed.  It was made by Kersten of Little Miss Stitcher, and it is so cute! I love all the different pages and all the little dinosaurs to play with. And did you see the dinosaurs in the eggs? Awesome! So enjoy. :)



Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence.
Kersten. I am a stay at home wife and mommy who loves to craft and create!

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?
I made it for my son, who is almost a year old. He hasn't played with it yet, but when he's a bit bigger I hope he loves it!

What's your level of sewing experience?
Um...I'm not an expert but I've had a pretty good amount of experience. I really enjoy sewing :)

How long did it take you?
HOURS AND HOURS! If it wasn't so fun it would have been ridiculous. I'm not sure how long exactly it took, but anywhere from 4-7 hours per page.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?
All links to patterns/templates/sources of inspiration can be found on my blog :)

How did you bind your quiet book?
I have not yet bound it, but there's this great tutorial over at Imagine Our Life that I plan on using. http://www.imagineourlife.com/2011/11/01/how-to-sew-quiet-book-pages/

What material are the pages made out of?
I used felt.

What other materials did you use?
Buttons, ribbon, ric rac, beads...pretty much anything that called to me :)

How much did all the supplies cost you?
I'd rather not figure that out :) That knowledge may ruin the joy quiet booking has brought me!

What's your favorite page? Why?
My favorite page is the first one. The one that you can take the dinosaur's head on and off!

To see Kersten's dinosaur quiet book pages on her own blog, Little Miss Stitcher, (where she shares more detail about each page and links to the templates she used), click on these links:


She has another adorable quiet book she just finished, a "Little Sister Quiet Book," that you should definitely check out too! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome quiet book with us, Kersten!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment