Monday, January 6, 2014

Catia's Potty Training Quiet Book

My friend just potty-trained her son this week. I'm a bit jealous; we're plotting how to train our own two-year-old daughter, but we haven't made the leap yet. Having her potty-trained would be so great, but I'm nervous about the actual process! I think this week I'm going to look into helpful hints and tricks.

With that intro, I want to share with you today's quiet book, which is certainly one of the most unique (and possibly one of the most useful) I have ever seen. Because today's quiet book is about potty-training, and the main character is a piece of poop.

Made by Catia of the blog Terra Estrangeira, this quiet book tells the story of, we'll say, some "diaper contents." The first page shows the first poop, which is sad because it has to go from the diaper to the trash can. The second little story is about a second piece of poo (it feels so weird to type that on my blog) that starts off in the toilet, and so is happy, because it gets to go down the drain to freedom.

Like I said, this quiet book might be one of the most useful I've ever seen! Toddler motivation for using the potty. I'd certainly like to have it for my daughters soon-to-be-potty training. Check it out, and see if it might be helpful for your own toddlers too!




Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
My name is Catia. I’m a mom of two, who loves DIY and crafts in general.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?
I made this for my little girl, who is 3. She is in the process of potty training, so I made this book to help her to use the toilet. She doesn't like to do the “number 2” on the toilet, so I told her the story of the poop, who is sad because it gets in the diaper and thrown in the garbage can, while the poop that gets in the toilet is happy because it has the most fun trip: it slides down the toilet and swims to the sea/lake.

What's your level of sewing experience?
I’m not a beginner; I like sewing here and there, but I’m not very experienced either.

How long did it take you? 
6 hours in total, 3 hours in one day and more 3 the day after.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?
No.

How did you bind your quiet book?
I used button holes and key rings.

What material are the pages made out of?
Felt.

What other materials did you use?
Some fabric for the “changing table” where the diaper is supposed to be on.

How much did all the supplies cost you?
I have no idea. I used scraps I already had at home.

What's your favorite page? Why? 
The one where the poop is sliding down after being flushed down the toilet, just because I think it’s funny.

To see Catia's potty-training quiet book on her own blog, click here: Terra Estrangeira: The Book of Poop. Thank you, Catia, for sharing your unique and helpful quiet book with us!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment